Am happy to announce that the Veggie/ Fruit a Month Event, started by Priya of Mharo Rajasthan's Recipes, is being hosted here. The star vegetable of the month is Cauliflower.
Travel during the monsoons in the sub-continent prompted this choice: this vegetable lends itself to a delicious comfort food during this season, through a variety of dishes. Cauliflower was introduced in Northern India during the 19th century. It is a fairly recent addition to the South Indian repertoire but the dishes from the Bihar and Uttar Pradesh belt are matchless. Feel free to experiment with your recipes. However there are certain rules for the event, so make sure to read Priya's Original Post.
The Rules for Veggie/Fruit a Month September-Cauliflower are:
- The chosen vegetable -Cauliflower - has to be the Star ingredient.
- It has to be a vegetarian recipe [ eggs are allowed].
- Recipes must be newly created and not archived for this event.
- It could be any course of the meal: appetizer/ main course/ side dish/dessert/beverage/snack.
- Use of the Logo is mandatory, to help circulate the event for wider participation.
- You have to link your post to this event announcement and to Priya's Event announcement post.
- Please send in your entries before September 30, 2011.
- Please email your details to: tiffincarrieranticques AT gmail DOT com with the subject line: "Veggie/Fruit A Month-Cauliflower".
- Non-bloggers are welcome to send in their entries with photographs and I will include it in the round-up.
- The details must include:
Recipe Name and Post URL
Photograph: 300 x 400 pixels
Thankyou Priya for the opportunity to host the first event for my blog! With thanks in advance, I look forward to a a wonderful batch of recipes from all of you!